Dear CMS users,
The Educational Resource Centre, in collaboration with Corporate Communications and IT, is updating The Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) website Content Management System (CMS), which will go live in August 2012.
You are recieving this email because you are listed as a publisher or author for one or more sections of the RCH website.
Some features of the new CMS are:
- Easier to use
- More control for content author/publishers
- Easier to upload and organise documents in the CMS library
- Better search capability
- Built-in tools such as blogs, wikis, forums, polls and calendars
- Same username and password as your computer log on
- Built-in analytics so it’s easier to monitor and measure visitor statistics
In June and July, CMS users will be invited to complete training for the new CMS – more details to come.
In July, we will move our website across to the new CMS. Only limited changes to content will be permitted in this time, so it’s important that all web pages are updated beforehand.
Thank you to those users who updated your content when we moved to the new RCH. However, there are still many of out-of-date pages which need your attention before we change over to the new CMS.
Between April and June, please ensure the following is completed for your section/s of the website.
(Remember to liaise with other CMS users in your department to prevent double up):
- Delete or update old information
- Pages that haven’t been reviewed in the past 15 months are listed in red in the CMS – if they’re no longer required, please delete them
- If a whole section of the website can be deleted, please advise email@example.com
- Advise firstname.lastname@example.org if you are no longer a CMS user
Thank you for your support and patience while we complete this project. Please contact us if you have any questions.