The RCH website uses a devolved publishing model where content contributors are enabled to:
- use their subject matter expertise to publish information related to the RCH and its activities
- create new pages or update existing pages
- and provide avenues for direct contact with the public, staff and other individuals and/or teams for communication
See Website content categories and risk profiles for an explanation of the different types of content.
We focus on the roles and responsibilities of author and publishers when referring to content contributors, but there are many roles defined for the RCH website to operate effectively:
- End User
- Information Communication Technology
- Executive Team
- Chief Executive Officer
The End User is our audience for the RCH website. The end user is the most important role, and whenever contributing content to the RCH website we should always consider the end users requirements.
Authors have the following roles and responsible for content their allocated sites:
- Authors are considered to be content contributors with subject matter expertise.
- Authors have the privileges to create and edit content on a site-by-site basis.
- Authors changes are submitted to publishers for approval.
- Authors are responsible for ensuring their content complies with the Web Content Guidelines.
Publishers have the following roles and responsible for content their allocated sites:
- Publishers are considered to be content contributors with subject matter expertise.
- Publishers are explicitly delegated publishing privileges on a site-by-site basis.
- Publishers are responsible for the content on their sites.
- Publishers are responsible for checking and approving/declining changes from authors.
- Ensuring that the content on their site complies with the Web Content Guidelines.
The WebTeam is comprised of qualified web developers who work under the guidance of the WebMaster.
- Maintain the RCH Website infrastructure (hardware and software) in conjunction with IT.
- Administer the CMS, including:
- Custom Web Development
- Project management and requirements gathering.
- Custom web application and mobile app development.
- Deployment and customisation of off-the-shelf software.
The WebTeam can also action requests to create, update, delete or approve content across all sites.
The WebTeam are part of Creative Studio. Creative Studio is a department within the division of Communications, and report to the Executive Director of Communications.
Creative Studio work collaboratively with Corporate Communications (a department in the division of Communications) on a wide range of projects.
The team from Corporate Communications perform the following tasks:
- Manage all Social Media at RCH.
- Manage content for the RCH home page, Intranet home page and Kids Health Information.
- Advises on all RCH branded communications.
- Provides internal and external stakeholder management and strategic counsel.
- Manage relationships with the media.
Information Communication Technology (ICT)
Although ICT do not play an active role in the day-to-day administration of the RCH Website and associated technologies, they do play an essential role of providing the following:
- Infrastructure (servers, network etc), and
- System Administration (Server updates, backups and regular maintenance)
- 24/7 disaster recovery
- Cybersecurity advice and directives
The WebTeam work collaboratively on many project with ICT.
The Executive Team is comprised of Executive Directors and Clinical Chiefs. Each Executive Team member is responsible for a division at RCH.
Each member of the Executive Team has implied publishing rights from the CEO, and is responsible for delegating publishing rights to approved publishers for sites that belong to their division.
Staff who require publishing rights for the RCH website must have the explicit approval of the Executive Team member responsible for their division.
See see the Organisational Chart) for more information about the structure of our Divisions and the associated Executive.
Chief Executive Officer
The only person with explicit rights to publish across all RCH platforms is the CEO.
In practical terms the CEO delegates this responsibility to the Executive Team.